The Tavern On The Green Interview
New York Metroweddings is proud to introduce Suzy Yengo, The Entertainment Director of "Tavern On The Green" in New York's Central Park. "Tavern" is probably one of most well known dining and catering establishments in New York City, and it is indeed an amazing place. "Tavern" boasts 6 different banquet rooms, that can be taken separately or combined for larger crowds. It is wonderfully decorated with fabulous wall murals, and Baccarat chandeliers, gorgeous china and glassware, and of course the most awe inspiring views of Central Park. The surrounding grounds are always lit up at night with tiny white lights that twinkle and give it a surreal and magical feeling.
Suzy has been "Tavern's" Entertainment Director for an aggregate of 10 years, and during that time she has been to Weddings and Affairs all over the country, and she says she has yet to see a catering establishment that could match "Tavern's" beauty. "In fact", she says "New York City's Tavern On The Green is the most beautiful place in the world to have a Wedding, Bar/Bat Mitzvah or any special event".
Here are some important things to keep in mind when planning a party:
* The seating arrangements, the music and the timing of the music to coordinate with the meal.
* Have as many pictures as possible taken in advance, so it doesn't interrupt the party or the fun!
* Keep the weather in mind (have a rain plan in warm weather and a snow plan in cold!). Address the possibility of some of the guests having to leave early, or perhaps arranging for accommodations for out-of-town guests.
* Make sure electrical needs are accounted for. In other words, speak to the bandleader or D.J. about their electrical requirements(how much voltage?, How many outlets do you need?, wires etc.)
* Speak to the entertainment director or Maitre'd about those needs, and find out what the room can provide.
Here are some of Suzy's thoughts on recommending various
types of service people (Music, Florists, Photographers etc.)
* Are they accommodating?
* Do they seriously listen to what you are requesting?
* Talent, Experience, Good equipment, and Proper insurance are all very important.
* Do they dress appropriately? What kind of dresses or tuxedos do they wear, and do they coordinate with one another?
* Are they available beforehand to discuss details or questions, and are they amenable to last minute requests?
MOST IMPORTANT: It's your party and you put a lot of time and money into it: HAVE A GREAT TIME!
You can reach Suzy Yengo at:
Tavern On The Green, 212-873-4111
[back to the top]